Sunday, October 16

If I'd been out 'til quarter to three

One thing I've have been hesitant to mention is how much the Lupron injections hurt this time around... tons more painful than I remembered.  I really have to jam the needle in and the injection site often bleeds and bruises.  This puzzled me because I remember Lupron used to be the easy injection - it never hurt (not compared to Menopur or those awful IM shots of progesterone).  I figured I must have gotten really wimpy in my old age.   But now I know the real reason.  Those fancy needles that came with my prescription were freaking HUGE!!!!  I used the last one on Friday so yesterday I cracked open the bag of insulin syringes and look at the difference!!

Which would you rather stick in your tummy?
I've been torturing myself for no reason, I could have been using those lovely 8mm 30 gage insulin syringes the whole time!!!  WTF!?!

In other news, yesterday I dropped Lupron to 5 units and started estrace, 2mg a day.  My headache was gone within 6 hours.  Yee ha!    Although I am apparently still a raving lunatic experiencing some irritability.

No comments:

Post a Comment