Tuesday, October 11

When I get older, losing my hair

Hello Menopause:

The Lupron side-effects started this week.  It's a fun preview of what menopause will be like.

I've had a headache for 3 days now but at least Tylenol does help (unlike with migraines).  I can also feel my body temperature increasing.  I don't mind the hot flushes actually.  I'm the kind of person who is always cold so Lupron is like a mini tropical vacation for me.

Greg tells me that the irritability is kicking in too.  Although I prefer to think of it as me suddenly gaining an extra dose of assertiveness.

Today's rant is how the pharmacy was out of sharps containers.   I've never once been issued a real sharps container to dispose of my used needles.  The pharmacist always tells me to just use a coffee can or something.  But the thing is that I need my coffee can...that's where I store my coffee...I can't put needles in there. So this is what I've been using instead.


A squished milk jug that I pulled out of my recycle bin.  Not only is it hugely ghetto, it's also completely non-functional.  Since it's made of soft plastic, the needles can just poke right through it.

Why can't I just have a freaking sharps containers like everyone else?!?  Is that so hard?!?  Even the heroin addicts at the safe injection site get real sharps containers!!
  

Look how cool they are.  All orange and official looking.  And a biohazard symbol too!

I'm going to look like a total douche when I go to drop off my needles with that stupid milk jug.  Well, maybe I won't drop them off.  Maybe I'll just throw them out with the trash.  That would show them.   Or I'll bury the jug in the back-yard for future generations like some time capsule of the phamacy's incompetence.

Oh and btw, I'm totally going to kick menopause's ass when it gets here for real.  Bring it on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment