Tuesday, September 27

When I'm 64

You're probably wondering about the significance of the title of this blog.

I'm a big fan of the book Spirit Babies by Walter Makichen - it was my #1 favorite “infertility” book. The author is a clairvoyant medium whose practice was centered around communicating with spirit babies (ie the souls of the child you are meant to have). He says that infertility can have both metaphysical and well as physical causes and the book contains a series of meditations and techniques to help overcome metaphysical roadblocks to conception. Now I’m not normally a spiritual or new agey type person, but something about this book just rang true for me. I can't say for sure if the meditations helped me get pregnant the first time, but they were definitely relaxing and made be feel good. And I did have a number of enlightening revelations about my fears and motivations.

So I've been doing the meditations again as part of the FET cycle and I'm having a rather weird  experience.  While I'm meditating, I keep hearing the song “When I’m 64” by the Beatles repeating over and over again in my head. And it’s all the lyrics clear as day even though in real life, I could probably only remember a couple of lines.

Is my subconscious trying to tell me something really insightful? Is there a part of me afraid of committing to caring for another child? Is it a message from a my spirit baby? What can it mean?!?

           When I'm 64
Songwriters: Mccartney, Paul; Lennon, John;

When I get older, losing my hair, many years from now
Will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?
If I'd been out 'til quarter to three, would you lock the door?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four?

You'll be older too
Ah, and if you say the word, I could stay with you

I could be handy, mending a fuse when your lights have gone
You can knit a sweater by the fireside,  Sunday mornings, go for a ride
Doing the garden, digging the weeds, who could ask for more?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four?

Every summer we can rent a cottage
In the Isle of Wight if it's not to, dear
We shall scrimp and save
Ah, grandchildren on your knee, Vera, Chuck and Dave

Send me a postcard, drop me a line stating point of view
Indicate precisely what you mean to say, yours sincerely wasting away
Give me your answer, fill in a form, mine forever more
Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty-four?


Edited October 14, 2011:

That song is constantly in my head all day now. I decided to pop an email about it to my sister (who is the most spiritually in tune person that I know). Here is an excerpt from her response. I like it and I'm going to give it a try!
It is not necessarily a romantic song, rather a song about a life-long familial relationship. And I wouldn't get hung up on the number 64 as an age or on who plays what role in the song (but keep it in mind). Think of it as a potential child asking if s/he could become part of your life. "..if you say the word, I could stay with you." It is a picture of a charming future family life, grandchildren on your knee....I'd try writing a postcard, dropping a line stating your point of view. Try imagining the song is a proposal and saying "yes" when you hear the song and see what it feels like.

I don't have time to type more but I absolutely believe that songs replaying in one's head can be spiritual messages

No comments:

Post a Comment