Friday, September 30

Will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?

I picked up all my medications today and in the proud tradition of other IVF bloggers,  I lined everything up and took pictures. 


The little vial contains the Lupron.  The bottles contain the estrace and the boxes contain the first 2 weeks of progesterone suppositories.  And yes, if you look closely in the background, there is a big stack of wine and liquor bottles (which will come into play if we get a BFN)

This lot cost $850 which seems excessive for an FET but of course much better than the $5,000+ plus we spent on drugs for our fresh cycle.

This is the first time I've gotten Lupron from a regular drugstore, in the past I've ordered it directly from the clinic pharmacy.  It came in a big box with 14 super-fancy syringes in ultra-safe hermetically sealed plastic containers.  Since I'll be using for more than 2 weeks, they also gave me a couple of bags of extra insulin syringes.

Picking up the medication was a gong show; it took over a hour.  Despite the instructions faxed by my clinic, the pharmacy techs couldn't figure out what they were supposed to give me.  They asked me a million questions which I couldn't answer and ended up calling the pharmacist at home and then my clinic to get the details straight.  But now I've got everything and I'm ready to go.

I'm trying not to get excited because I don't want to get my hopes up.  It's hard though.  I do so want this to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment